Wednesday, April 28, 2010

The Wood Gatherer's Desire

As firewood is brought from the forest
For the warmth and clear light to blaze skyward
I will reach with my Camp Fire friends
For the heights that I know are within me

I will strive to grow strong like the pine tree
To be pure in my deepest desire
To be true to the truth that is in me
And follow the law of Camp Fire

This Sunday is Grand Council Fire, wear uniform, bring sit upons and flash light. Ceremony starts at 7pm, drop off kids at the Shiwaka flagpole between 6 and 6:30pm. Please donate a package of cookies at the council kitchen on your way in.

You will be sitting behind us, there will be a point in the ceremony where parents will come up and pin the wood gatherer's pin on your daughter's vest. After the ceremony, we will stay together as a group and meet parents back at the lodge. Please don't rush and grab your kid when we are dismissed from the ceremony. It is very chaotic and we want the girls to stay together and walk back to the lodge for dessert.


wohelo!

No comments: