Tuesday, November 25, 2008

torch

please read the torch, it should have come to everyone in the mail. it is the newsletter we get 5 times a year. this is a great resource for up coming events (the belmont shore parade is mentioned in this one) and you can see emily and sage planting the second oak tree at camp shiwaka (it is still ALIVE, barely!) if you have any special things you want mentioned in future newsletters, please send them directly to georgia and/or to me. i would love to have our girls featured more. our duck patrol adventures will be talked about sometime soon.

the cooking meeting was FABULOUS!! the girls did great and i am eating my pumpkin bread as i write this, yum! thank you soooo much christine for welcoming us in to your house, it was such a nice change. please send me pictures (i forgot my camera!) so i can post some pictures here. the girls shared in a tradition my family has: saying "thankfuls" at mealtime. we went around the room and each girl said what they were thankful for regarding camp fire. everyone said sweet things, each comment was special. i loved natalie's thanks at sharing camp fire with her mom (who was also in camp fire), ryann thanked ME for letting her in our group (thank YOU ryann and kim!!) and all the girls were thankful for their camp fire friends. this is something we might do regularly at our own meetings, it is a peaceful thoughtful tradition.

on that note: i hope all of you know how thankful i am to have all of YOU in my group of kids, moms, dads and family members... this is a dream come true for me, i am so proud of all of you and brag continuously about all my camp fire families. this thanksgiving i send all of you my heartfelt thanks for continuing on this camp fire journey with me. i know it gets crazy sometimes but this long haul commitment will be worth it, i am so sure of it!

happy thanksgiving!

No comments: